Thursday, March 08, 2007

Eleven years

For Mrs. Light Bulb on our eleventh anniversary.

Eleven years ago, you looked like an angel.
We said "I do" and began our life together.

A town home, a house, a retirement for you, a new career for you, the same company (sort of) for me, hospitals, family . . .

Did you ever think we would have such beautiful children together?
Did you wonder what our life would be like years in the future?
Did you ever think we could get so tired?
Did you ask God for patience with me?
Did you ever think we could love each other so much?

Eleven years ago . . . seems like yesterday.


Yaber

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to our marriage! I wouldn't have been able to put our past 11 years as succintly as you, not in 1000 years. I never realized that when you began blogging I would not only get a new name (Mrs. Light Bulb) but that the blog would also give you a new avenue to be more romantic--for all of cyberspace to see! Looking forward to your safe return and an exciting time in Vegas!

Yaber,
Mrs. Light Bulb

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful anniversary and many, many more
glorious years together!
Congrats on such a great pair
of kids! Ya done good!
Kathy and Ernie

S. said...

that's really nice.

Anonymous said...

Uhmm, it seems like 11 yrs since your last blog.. Get busy!

VedaBaugh!

Edmund Schrag said...

Brilliance in brevity. My thanks attend as you have inspired me to (get on the dang ball and) compose something for my own bride, who will have been married to this wretch of a man for a whole year next month. May the LORD ever bless her kindness and patience!