Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Amnesty-peddling Martinez set to lead the RNC

I guess some people refuse to learn. At their first meeting of the year last week in Washington, the RNC elected as their General Chairman Senator Mel Martinez, a supporter of President Bush's amnesty for illegal aliens policy. I can say (with a small degree of pride) that I personally wrote both my district and my state GOP chairpersons asking them to vote against Martinez. I don't know how they voted (but I'll follow up with them). But I found out that someone in the GOP was as unhappy with Martinez as was I.

A member of the Republican National Committee from President Bush's home state yesterday escalated the rebellion against Mr. Bush's choice to head the committee going into the 2008 presidential elections.

Texas RNC member Denise McNamara said the attempt by Mr. Bush's supporters on the national committee to name Sen. Mel Martinez of Florida as general chairman "is like pouring gas on an already smoldering electorate," citing Mr. Martinez's role in promoting last year's "comprehensive" immigration bill in the Senate. [emphasis mine]

"Choosing an RNC chairman who supports amnesty [for illegal aliens] is tantamount to telling the conservative majority of Americans that they do not matter."
Way to go Denise! Too bad we don't have more of you.

No comments: