Monday, January 01, 2007

A prayer to begin 2007

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

Thank You for Your Son in whose righteousness I can come before You. Help me be more like Him.
Thank You for my beautiful wife. Help me love her more every day.
Thank You for my beautiful children. Help me love them more and train them every day to be strong and wise leaders for You.
Thank You for my family, my friends, and my loved ones. Help me to give more of myself to them.
Thank You for my job. Help me to work hard and well.
Thank you for my country. Help me to act and speak with wisdom and passion for it's blessings.

Before You laid the foundations of the world, You knew I would sit here tonight, completely undeserving of Your love and forgiveness, yet their grateful recipient solely through the sacrifice of Your Son. Make me mindful every day of 2007 of how much You love me.

I pray these things and I believe these things in the precious name of Your Son,
and His name is Jesus,

Amen.

No comments: