Thursday, May 25, 2006

His Grace is Still Sufficient for Me

A month ago, I wrote about my little girl's onset of Juvenile Diabetes.

And our first month has been relatively easy. My daughter has taken to her new lifestyle quite handily. We have regulated her blood sugar readings from the too common 300s down to an average range of 100-150. She does her own blood tests when needed (four times a day) without crying and takes her shots very well with some discomfort occasionally. All in all, she seems to be a professional already.

Thank you so much for your prayers for her and for our family. Our first diabetic check-up is later today; I'll provide an update then.

UPDATE - My son's A1c blood test was 7.0 and my daughter's was 8.6. This is a wonderful number for my son. It's a high number for my daughter, but she was over 10 when she was admitted to the emergency room last month, so this is a good report and a good trend.

2 comments:

S. said...

It looks to me like they're both doing great. I'm sure your standards are as high as possible--but 7 sounds pretty good. And she'll get down there soon. It's a good trend, as you said.

God is good. It really is amazing how she has adapted, isn't it?

(Do you think much about the timing--the week after baptism and all?)

Anonymous said...

Hooray for them, hooray for you,
and Praise the Lord!