Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Election Night 2006 - Pre-Preview

What fun we have in store for us in November! That is, if you consider political nail biting fun. (You know I do.) Here's a list of some races I'll be watching Tuesday evening, November 7.

Texas Governor - Perry(R) vs. Bell(D) vs. Strayhorn(I) vs. Friedman(I)
As I write today, it's a horse race. First, there's Chris Bell, the Democrat. I certainly won't vote for him since he's not conservative. Second, there's Carole Keaton Strayhorn Rylander (fill in her latest last name here), who wanted to be called "Grandma", who is running as an Independent. I certainly won't vote for her since she's not conservative. Then there's Kinky Friedman, who is also running as an Independent. I certainly won't be voting for him as he's not a conservative. Finally, there's the incumbent Governor, Rick Perry, a Republican, who has a marvelous head of hair. But I certainly won't be voting for him as he's not a conservative. Wait . . . um . . . oh well.

New Jersey Senate - Kean(R) vs. Menendez(D)
Another horse race. New Jersey is the 13th least conservative state, yet Kean is still in the race.

Michigan Governor - Granholm(D) vs. DeVos(R)
Jennifer Granholm is in a battle to keep her governorship in a state with serious economic problems.

Connecticut Senate - Lieberman(I) vs. Lamont(D) vs. Schlesinger(R)
Will a recent Clinton assist really help? If Joe wins as an Independent, watch the Democrats pee in their pants with fear for their futures.

Maryland Senate - too many to list
The primary is not until September 12, so it's really too early to comment. But if Michael Steele wins, the leftist media won't be able to avoid their worst nightmare—a black conservative.

More to come.

2 comments:

S. said...

Excellent posts, all. But what do doughnuts have to do with it?

Mr. Light Bulb said...

"Time to make the doughnuts" = time to get back into the daily routine of life. From the Dunkin Doughnuts commercial.